+Kelly Mendoza moderated two teachers:
- Lisa Butler- middle school teacher, PA, 6th social studies teacher, their school is 50% 1:1 and 50% BYOT
- Jennifer – Pittsburg, PA Her hot tip? check out google vine
- +Animoto Educator Pro paid version or a scaled down but completely functional free version for classroom use. I have used this for years and love it. It is easy to use for me and my students. Only problem I have is that with preview, you cannot hear the whole song or all of the lyrics. So I only let students use instrumental versions of songs OR I have to preview their product before they can watch it. Great idea from Lisa Bulter (@srtalisa) to use animoto for kids to produce tutorials on other tools (ex symbaloo)!
- Google Earth – be sure you have clear learning goals for students to follow in geography, math, science, writing and reading (google lit trips)
- Google art – Amazing source for all things art. Can be used for story starters, use with art vista/docent program, view world wonders. You can take virtual field trips! Check out lesson plans and ideas under educator tab!
- Schmoop – free paid, 0-12 grade Tools and resources to help make learning fun. It can be used as homework help, to introduce topics or to support classroom teaching.